The MDF properly known as Medium Density Board is mainly manufactured from the wood fibers and then mixing it with the wax and the resin material. The MDF is extremely strong and dense in nature and that is why it has become a popular choice in crafting the furnishing products for the home as well as for the commercial areas. The MDF remains uniform in shape even after cutting it in many pieces. The MDF is having a smooth surface and that is why it can easily absorb any kind of paint. The MDF is also the scratch resistant and that is why it a great option for the homes that are having the kids and pet animals.
MDF Wood Advantages And Disadvantages
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the MDF:
- Eco-Friendly: The MDF is usually built from the sustainable materials and that is why it is eco-friendly and can be recycled easily.
- Easy To Paint: The MDF can be painted in many amazing colours while as some other woods cannot be painted so easily.
- Smooth Material: The MDF is having a smooth surface as it is not having any kind of knots.
- Humidity Resistant: The MDF wont easily expand or shrink because of the extreme heat and humidity.
- Shaping: The MDF can be shaped easily and can be elobarated to many designs and style variations.
- Contains Toxins: The MDF contains some amount of the formaldehyde and that is why it is dangerous to children and old aged persons.
- Cannot Be Repaired: Once the MDF gets broken or gets cracked it cannot be repaired then.
- Aesthetics: The MDF is not having a richness like the solid wood and that is why it looks artifical.
- Swollen: If the MDF is kept in water for many days it can get swollen then.