Using MDF For Furniture
Here are some of the benefits and disadvantages of using the MDF for Furniture:
- Eco-Friendly: The MDF is usually built from the sustainable materials and that is why it is eco-friendly and can be recycled easily.
- Easy To Paint: The MDF can be painted in many amazing colours while as some other woods cannot be painted so easily.
- Smooth Material: The MDF is having a smooth surface as it is not having any kind of knots.
- Humidity Resistant: The MDF wont easily expand or shrink because of the extreme heat and humidity.
- Shaping: The MDF can be shaped easily and can be elobarated to many designs and style variations.
- Contains Toxins: The MDF contains some amount of the formaldehyde and that is why it is dangerous to children and old aged persons.
- Cannot Be Repaired: Once the MDF gets broken or gets cracked it cannot be repaired then.
- Aesthetics: The MDF is not having a richness like the solid wood and that is why it looks artifical.
- Swollen: If the MDF is kept in water for many days it can get swollen then.
MDF For Furniture Making
The MDF properly known as Medium Density Board is mainly manufactured from the wood fibers and then mixing it with the wax and the resin material. The MDF is extremely strong and dense in nature and that is why it has become a popular choice in crafting the furnishing products for the home as well as for the commercial areas. The MDF remains uniform in shape even after cutting it in many pieces. The MDF is having a smooth surface and that is why it can easily absorb any kind of paint. The MDF is also the scratch-resistant and that is why it a great option for the homes that are having the kids and pet animals.
MDF Furniture For Painting
The MDF can be painted easily and here are some of the steps by which the user can easily paint their MDF:
- Apply The Primer: Firstly the users need to use an oil build primer and apply it all over the corners and edges of the MDF and let the primer dry and once the primer is dried apply a second layer of primer.
- Fill The Nail Holes: Once the primer is completely dried the users then need to fill up all the nail holes by using a wood filler and allow it to dry completely.
- Use Sandpaper: The users then have to use sandpaper and start sanding all the nail holes and then clean all the dust by using a soft cloth.
- Apply The Water-based Paint: And at last, the users then need to use the water build paint and then apply it all over the surface of the MDF.
MDF Furniture Durability
The MDF Furniture is crafted from many small wooden fibers that are then eventually mixed with the resin and glue and are kept in extreme pressure. The MDF is more durable in nature and can last for many years if maintained properly. The MDF board cannot get dented, cracked or wrapped so easily even kept in extremely humid conditions.