MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) is a type of engineered wood, which consists of thin panels that are constructed from wood fiber, wax, and resin. It is regarded as one of the best alternatives to solid wood.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of The MDF Cabinet DoorsAdvantages/Pros:
- Smooth Finish: As it is constructed from the small particles, it does not have visible grains, as a result it has a smoother finish after the paint is applied.
- Withstand to Warping And Cracking: One of the good pro of the MDF is that it will not crack or wrap under the temperature change or humidity.
- Easy Customization: MDF boards are flexible, they are very easy to cut, drill and customize as per the door styles.
- High Water Resistance: It is exceptionally water resistant, some of the MDF boards are specially well designed for the bath cabinets.
- Cheaper Alternative: MDF is very cheaper than the solid woods, if maintanied properly MDF can last for as long Period of time as solid woods.
Some of the disadvantages of the MDF cabinet are as follows:
- High Temperatures: It is not ideal for high temperature.
- Less Strong: As compared to the plywood or wood it is less strong.
- Scratches: In case of the scratches, it is not easily repaired.