Pros & Cons Of Mahogany Wood
Mahogany is a type of hardwood that is valued around the world due to its beautiful appearance. Its style is quite decent & generous that makes it a popular choice among people to construct furniture & flooring. Mahogany Wood has a number of pros & cons some of which are mentioned below;Pros
- Durability: Mahogany is a highly durable wood and the furniture made out of it can last over 35 years of wood growth. Besides that, the Mahogany tree growth process from seedling to big tree takes around 35 - 40 years.
- Appearance: Mahogany wood comes in rich, varied, and beautiful patterns that give the wooden product or the place where it will be used a romantic & beautiful appearance.
- Resistance: Mahogany is dense & compact that makes the wood anti-corrosive. On general circumstances, mahogany is resistant to decay as well. Besides that, the wood has a unique fragrance that keeps the termites away from it.
- Versatility: Mahogany wood is solid, light-weight, and resilient material due to which it is made in a number of shapes & designs. Also, the wood has a beautiful grain and it doesn't shrink when dry. Besides that, the wood can easily be sculptured & twisted that makes it popular for furniture construction.
- Color Difference: Mahogany wood comes in pink color resulting in large color difference. If mahogany furniture is used in a large space, it will highlight the black sand and make the furniture texture unclear.
- Production: Mahogany is a high-quality wood that makes it most suited for furniture construction. Due to its low & limited production rate, the mahogany furniture products are very hard to find.
- Price: The price of mahogany wood is relatively high because the production rate of the mahogany tree is quite low as per its demand.