Advantages And Disadvantages Of Laminate Wood Flooring
The laminate flooring is made of high-density fiberboard and the bottom layer is moisture resistant. The laminate flooring has a clear finished layer on top which acts as a protective layer.
There are many advantages of laminate wood flooring. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Easy To Install: The laminate flooring is light in weight and hence it can be easily installed on the surface without damaging the existing floor. The planks that are installed during laminate flooring consist of a tongue and groove joint which helps the planks to join with each other.
- Reassemble: The best advantage of laminate flooring is that if the customer shifts to another location the customer can easily disassemble the laminate flooring and reassemble the flooring at the new location.
- Easy To Maintain: The surface of the laminate flooring can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner, broom, or damp mop. The laminate flooring is scratch resistant and has high durability.
- Looks Like Natural Wood: The appearance of the laminate flooring provides a feel of real wood.
- Cost Effective: The laminate flooring is not expensive as it is available at reasonable rates.
The disadvantages of laminate flooring are given below:
- Hard Surface: The surface of the laminate flooring is hard and may produce a sound when someone walk upon it. So, it is advised to put a layer of foam beneath the planks which acts as a sound absorber.
- Limited Lifespan: The laminate flooring lasts for about 10 to 30 years.
- Cannot Be Repaired: The biggest disadvantage of laminate flooring is if the floor damages it cannot be repaired. So it is important to buy better quality laminate flooring.
- Not Resistant To Moisture: The laminate flooring is not moisture resistant and thus the laminate flooring is not suitable for outdoor areas.
Pros And Cons Of Bamboo Laminate Flooring
The advantages of bamboo laminate flooring are as follows:
- Cost: The bamboo laminate flooring is cheaper flooring material as compared to other flooring materials.
- Durability: The bamboo laminate flooring has long lasting durability. It is scratch resistant.
- Versatile: The bamboo flooring is available in different styles depending on the taste of the customer.
The disadvantages of bamboo laminate flooring are given below:
- Feel: Some customers does not find the appearance and feel of the bamboo laminate flooring as real wood.
- Poor Quality: The poor quality bamboo laminate flooring makes a hollow sound when walked on the floors.
- Cannot Be Repaired: If the bamboo laminate flooring damages it cannot get repaired.