Laminate flooring also called floating wood tile, is actually a multi-layer synthetic flooring that is fused together with a lamination process. It has the fiberboard that is attached to a layer underneath which protects the flooring against any kind of the moisture damage. At last, there is a top layer of clear protectant that keeps the flooring safe from any kind of scratches.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Laminate Flooring
- Installation Fast And Easy: It is very easy to install the laminate flooring because it has a click/lock or fold/lock design through which the planks are fitted together like puzzle pieces.
- Easy To Cut: The laminate flooring is also very easy to cut, since it is constructed of soft particleboard, so that it can be cut easily with a hand saw or even with a utility knife.
- Easy To Clean: It can be easily cleaned with a vacuum or broom, it can be simply mopped with a damp mop, and waxing is not necessary.
- Durability: Laminate flooring is almost scratches and dents resistant. It has a "wear layer" that resist the photographic layer underneath.
- Sand: One of the biggest Con of laminate flooring is the inability to sand and refinish in case of heavily worn, deep scratches, or even grooved.
- Slippery: The other con of the laminate flooring is its slippery surface, now the manufacturers have been developing the slip-resistant layers.
- Resale Value: The homes with the laminate flooring has very low resale value than the hardwood flooring.