Steps To Polish Laminate Flooring
The laminate floors are made by pressing the composite wood together. These floors are durable and resistant to moisture and scratches. Laminate floors are easy to maintain and are available in different color choices. The laminate floors lose their shine with time due to the settlement of dust particles on the floor surface. In order to polish the laminate floor specified cleaning products are recommended. If the hardwood cleanser is used on laminate floors it will result in making the laminate floors dull and sticky. The material required for polishing the laminate floor includes a bucket, broom, lint-free cloth, clean cloth, distilled white vinegar, and mop. The steps are mentioned below to perform polish on the laminate floors:
- Clean The Floor: The first step is to clean the floor surface completely. Remove the dust particles, pet hair, crumbs, and all other dust material from the floor. Carefully clean the dust across the walls and below the furniture so that no area remains unclear. All this can be achieved by using a broom, a dusting mop or vacuum.
- Prepare And Apply Mixture: Then next step is to prepare a cleaning solution by combining the distilled white vinegar with a large quantity of water in a bucket. Then take a soft mop and clean the floor by applying the mixture on the floor surface. Many cleansers which are not soap-based are available in the market for laminate flooring but the use of vinegar can produce good results.
- Clean And Dry The Floor: Now the next step is to pour some clean warm water in the bucket. Then wipe the surface of the floor so that the smell of the vinegar disappears from the floor surface. Take a dry lint-free cloth and make the floor moisture free by rubbing the lint-free cloth with hand in a circular direction.
- Shake Bottle And Spray Polish: Now apply the polish on the floor surface. Softly shake the laminate floor polish bottle and spray some polish on the floor surface starting from the corner. Use a microfiber towel to spread the polish over the floor surface.
- Dry The Floor: The polish is applied on the floor in small sections. Leave the floor to dry according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer. For best results do not walk on the floor for about a day.