The chalk paint is specially formulated flat paint. The Chalk paint is best for painting the wooden furniture because the chalk paint dries quickly. The material is used to make chalk paint is talc, titanium dioxide, carbon black, etc. The life span of the chalk paint on wooden furniture is nearly 4-5 years by taking care of wooden furniture from scratches and stains and the chalk paint is also durable and resistant to water.
Steps To Paint Kitchen Table:
- Clean Off: Start wiping the kitchen table by using damp rag cloth, this will clean all dust or debris from the kitchen table.
- Sand: Medium grit (150) will work best on kitchen table. Sand kitchen table slowly until it makes the surface smooth. Plug the vacuum cleaner to wipe the dust which results after sanding the kitchen table.
- Primer: Use paint sprayer or paintbrush to apply primer on the kitchen table and allow kitchen table to dry.
- Again Sanding: After the primer is fully dry then again sand kitchen table with small grit sandpaper.
- Choose A Chalk Paint Color: So many beautiful colors are available to paint the kitchen table with chalk paint. Simply use paint roller, sprayer or paintbrush to start the painting of the table. Apply 2-3 coats of chalk paint on the table and leave the gap of 1-2 hours between each coat.
- Polyurethane: Use paint roller for applying polyurethane on the kitchen table. Sand the table with sandpaper (320 grit) and wipe dust then, apply 2-3 coats of polyurethane, leave 1-2 hours gaps between every coat.
- Dry: Finally, allow the kitchen table dry for nearly 2 days. Leave fan and windows open to get fast results of drying.