Steps To Install Vinyl Plank Flooring Over Particle Board
The Particleboard is one of the inexpensive, smooth and very easy-to-install frequently used as subfloor beneath vinyl floors. Vinyl Plank Flooring is very thin and smooth so the subfloor should be even and smooth otherwise it will show the bump or divot in a less even surface. The steps to Install the Vinyl Plank Flooring Over Particle Board are as follows:
- Vacuum: Begin the process by vacuuming the Particle Board to remove all the dust and debris even the small ones. Before vinyl can be installed it is important that the particleboard must be completely smooth. The vacuuming is very important before sealing the particle board because it makes sure that nothing is sealed in the board.
- Seal: Once the vacuuming is completed the next step is to apply the shellac sealer to seal the particle board. Simply apply the sealer with the help of the roller, while applying please make sure that all the area is covered and then allow the sealer to dry. The sealing is very important for the vinyl flooring.
- Lay: Now the next step is to lay the planks over the particle board as this will help to determine the pattern in which the user wants to install them.
- Vinyl Tile Adhesive: Spread the small amount of the vinyl tile adhesive on the particle board with the help of the trowel, it is very important to work in small sections because the adhesive dries very fast.
- Install The Vinyl Plank: Now install the Vinyl Planks in the same pattern that was determined previously, press the planks on the particle board and leave it to dry for almost 24 hours.
- Roller: Now the next step is to roll the planks in the back and forth motion, the rolling will help the vinyl to adhere the particle board better.