Steps To Install Laminate Sheet Over Existing Countertop
The steps are mentioned below for installing laminate sheet over the existing countertop:
- Gather Tools And Material: The customer need to collect the material and tools like razor knife, belt sander, laminate roller, paint brush, laminate sheets, tape measure, dowel rods, laminate router bit, router, pencil, and contact cement that are required for the installation of laminate sheet on the existing countertop.
- Sand The Countertop: Next step is to take a belt sander and sand the entire surface of the countertop in order to remove the shine and glitter from the countertop. Then clean the sanded residue particles from the surface of the countertop.
- Measure And Cut Laminate: Now measure the dimensions of countertop and cut the laminate sheets according to the measured dimensions with the help of razor knife.
- Apply Contact Cement: Next step is to apply the contact cement on the laminate sheets at the back side by using a brush. Also, apply the contact cement on the surface of the countertop and leave it to dry for about 20 minutes.
- Gluing The Laminate: Place the dowel rods at a distance of a foot apart on the top surface of the countertop and place the laminate sheet on the dowel rods. Then use a laminate roller and start from one corner of the countertop and remove the dowel rods. Then securely attach the laminate sheets on the countertop.
- Cutouts: After gluing the laminate sheet, cut the overhang laminate sheet with the help of a router and secure the edges.