Procedure For Indoor Teak Furniture Care And Maintenance
Teak wood is regarded as one of the best hardwoods that is used for making the indoor as well as outdoor furniture, the teak wood has a beautiful color, which should be properly maintained. The furniture should be taken care off properly so that it can be used for a long period of time without any effect. The ways to take care and maintain the teak furniture are mentioned below:
- Dusting: For daily care, it is advisable to dust the furniture with a clean lint-free cloth once a week. Use teak cleaner for more significant cleaning.
- Spills: In case of any kind of spills, it should be cleaned within the 12 hours with the help of mineral oil, as teak wood can withstand against the spills for almost 12 hours.
- Oiling The Wood: Oiling should be applied to indoor teak furniture after every 3 to 4 months with a lint-free cloth, after oiling the furniture should be rubbed with an absorbent cloth.
- Protective Coat: Apply a clear protective coat in order to avoid damage.
- Cover: It is better to keep the unused furniture covered with a breathable cover because the breathable cover will promote the growth of the mildew, molds, etc.