The painted outdoor furniture is mostly placed in a garden or on the balcony that gives a perfect look to the home. Painted wood outdoor furniture like siding, decks and patio furniture needs a protection layer from moisture. The painted outdoor wood furniture easily absorb moisture from rainwater. Moisture and water are the two main reasons for wood damage. However, adding a thick layer of wood sealant is the easiest way used to protect the wood furniture from moisture and also from water.
Steps & Items Needed For Waterproofing
Here is an easy and quickest way to waterproof the painted outdoor furniture along with the items needed to perform this procedure. Just follow the given steps carefully to get the best results of waterproofing.
- Liquid detergent.
- Cleaning brush.
- Garden hose.
- Polyurethane or silicone-based wood sealant.
- Paint sprayer.
- Liquid Detergent: The first step for waterproofing is to mix the 1/4 cup of liquid Detergent with 1 gallon of warm water in a bucket.
- Scrub: Now scrub the surface of the outdoor wood furniture with a cleaning brush dipped in the mixed solution.
- Garden Hose: After applying the mixed solution on the surface of outdoor furniture now clean all the liquid with garden hose and let the surface dry for nearly 2-3 hours.
- Apply: Use paint spray to apply a layer of polyurethane or silicone-based wood sealant. Let the surface dry for at least 24 hours.