To protect the MDF (medium-density fiberboard) from damage caused by the moisture, it is important to make them water-resistant. This can be done by applying the paint on the medium-density fiberboards. Applying the moisture-resistant paint on the medium-density fiberboard will protect the boards from moisture and generate a waterproof layer on the surface of the medium-density fiberboards.
Steps To Make The MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) Waterproof
The steps are mentioned below to waterproof the MDF boards:
- Gather All Tools And Materials: The first step is to collect all the material and tools that are needed to make the MDF waterproof like moisture-resistant paint, roller tray, roller tray liner, paint roller cover, latex primer, paintbrush, and roll cover.
- Cover The Board With Roller Cover: Next step is to take paint roller cover and put the paint roller in it. With the help of roller cover, the MDF board is covered with paint effectively. Then put the liner in the roller tray.
- Apply Primer: Now, the users need to put the latex primer in the roller tray and with the help of paint roller apply the primer on to the medium-density fiberboards. With the help of paintbrush apply primer to those areas where the roller cannot reach. Leave the primer to dry for about 6 hours.
- Clean Paint Utensils: To clean the primer from the paint utensils like roller cover, paint roller and other used accessories use water. Then again insert the paint roller into the roller cover and insert the new layer of liner in the roller tray.
- Paint The Board: Last step is to apply the moisture-resistant paint on to the MDF boards. Take a paintbrush and apply paint along the edges of the board and use a paint roller to apply paint on rest of the medium-density fiberboards. Allow the paint layer to dry for about 4 hours. Then apply the final coat of paint on to the MDF boards and leave it to dry for about 3 days. The MDF boards are now ready to use in moisture areas.