Pillow, also known as a cushion, is a rectangle-shaped soft bag containing soft kind of materials like a feather, that is particularly made for people who are lying or sleeping on the bed or sofa and make them feel very comfortable and relaxing while taking rest. One of the main drawbacks of pillows is that it gets dirty very easily and due to this reason, pillows need to be cleaned and washed regularly, in order to keep them look good.
Step By Step Easy Guide And Tips For Washing Pillows In Front Loading Washer
If the pillows are not cleaned or washed properly then the bacteria to mold can get easily dwell within pillows. With the help of a front-loading washing machine, it is very easy to wash the pillows and turn the difficult task into a quick and simple task. Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully to achieve the desired result of your task:
- Inspect: To start the washing process it is important to check the pillows for any holes and tears. The checking is very important because the damaged pillows will make a mess, during the cleaning job and must not be machine-washed.
- Spot-clean Stains: In case of the stains on the pillows spot clean with the help of dish soap and warm water. The user can use the toothbrush which is an effective tool for scrubbing out all the stains on the pillow.
- Washing: Now this is the time to put the pillows into the front-loader. The user must wash 2 pillows at a time as this will help to keep the machine proper balanced but no more than two pillows. If the user will wash more than 2 pillows than the overcrowding will result in nothing but a waste of efforts.
- Gentle Cycle: The user should wash the pillows on the gentle cycle using the warm water and laundry detergent. Once the cycle is completed remove the pillows from the washer and then place them into the dryer for drying process.
- Tennis Balls: In the dryer add a couple of tennis balls, with the pillows the tennis balls will help to keep the stuffing that is used in the pillows from clumping. After completing the washing process, the user must dry the pillows on a low heat setting.
- The polyester pillows will dry much more quickly and easily than the down pillows.
- The user must read the manufacturer's instructions tag on the pillows to make sure that they are machine-washable.
- It is highly advisable that do not machine-wash the foam pillows.
- The user must inspect the pillows to make sure that they are completely dry before putting a pillowcase back on them. If there is any lingering moisture within the pillow then it can lead to mold growth.