6 Easy Steps Of Vacuuming A Wool Rug
The wool is a natural & durable fiber for your rugs. Accent or the area rugs in wool shag originated in Greece in the 5th century, with uninterrupted production until nowadays, according to the Sheffield school of interior design. If you’ve recently purchased your home and you might choose the wool shag rugs which are also called flokati rugs, to warm your bare floors in some of your house rooms. You can easily shake your small wool rug to keep it clean always but your larger rugs always require vacuuming. If you want to vacuum your wool rug then you just need to follow all the given steps. Here are the steps for this process, also take a look at tips and warning for this process:
- First of all, you need to disconnect your vacuum from your electrical source.
- Now you need to remove your beater bar or any roller bar on the vacuum. Your roller with attached bristles will easily damage your wool shag rug.
- The next thing is to place an upholstery brush or a similar flat brush with some small bristles at the end of your hose. Some type of sweepers has a shag-rug rake attachment with the plastic bristles about one inch long, which will work well to disconnect and lift your rug fibers. Place your brush in the center of your shag rug so you can easily start your work at the center and work to the edge.
- Now you need to plug your vacuum cleaner into your power source.
- Next you need to turn your sweeper at low speed if the sweeper has more than one speed. If the sweeper has a suction regulator then you just need to adjust the suction to "low" setting.
- Finally you need to vacuum your wool shag rug smoothly and you need to start working from the center to the edges so you never lift the corners or catch periphery in your sweeper. Turn your flokati rug over infrequently and vacuum your backside and your flooring.
Tip And Warning
- Tip: Your rug and carpet institute reports that vacuuming cleaning process removes 90 to 95 % of dry soil in your rugs or carpet. Proper cleaning of your carpet and rug is the first step to persistence for carpeting or rugs. You may also be able to hang your flokati rug on a clothesline for infrequent cleaning. This makes it more reachable for vacuuming on your back.
- Warning: The carpet rake, unlike your shag-rug rake attachment and has a handheld tool. It also lifts and disconnects your fibers when the rugs or carpet get flat from use. Nevertheless, because it can snag your fibers on your shag rug, use it moderately and with caution.