What Are The Steps To Refinish Laminate Kitchen Cabinets?
Here are some of the steps by which the customers can easily refinish laminate kitchen cabinets:
- Remove The Hardware: The customers need to start by detaching all the doors and the drawers from the cabinets by unbinding all the metal hardware like hinges, knobs, and the screws. The customers must store the metal hardware for further use in the future.
- Use The Damp Sponge: The customers then need to use a damp sponge and clean the cabinets including the drawers and the doors as well in order to remove all the dust, dirt, grime, and the debris particles. The customers then need to allow the cabinets to dry completely.
- Fill Up The Holes: Once the cabinets are dried completely the customers then need to examine their cabinets and if they find some holes then they need to fill up the holes by using the wood putty and then allow the putty to dry. The customers then need to rub the sandpaper over the wood putty in order to give it a smooth texture. They also need to rub the sandpaper over the other areas of the kitchen cabinets.
- Clean The Cabinets: The customers then need to clean the cabinet surfaces and remove all the dust caused by the sanding process.
- Apply The Primer: The customers then need to apply a layer of the wood primer to the inner, outer areas as well as the doors and drawers of the cabinets. The customers then need to allow the primer to dry completely before applying the paint
- Apply The Paint: Once the primer is dried completely the customers then need to apply a coat of paint to the cabinets, doors, drawers and then let it dry completely before applying two more coats of the paint.
- Re-install The Doors And Drawers: The customers, finally, need to re-install all the doors and the drawers to the cabinets by using the saved hinges, screws and the knobs.