Methods & Steps To Separate A Power Reclining Sofa
The power recliner sofa is commonly known as the Ashley Reclining Couch because the Ashley manufacturers are making these kind of sofas. These sofas are very comfortable if properly used but it is very heavy and deep, the weight of this sofa can be up to 260 pounds that means 117.934 kg. If your sofa is damaged and you want to repair it then first you need to disassemble it and to do this task then you need to follow the given methods with steps carefully:
Method 1: Locating The Release Mechanisms
Here are the easy steps to release the mechanism of your sofa:
- Step 1: First thing is to unplug your power reclining sofa in case you use buttons or remote control to make the back recline and footrest extend. If you fail to complete this step then the result can be in an electrical fire and personal injury.
- Step 2: You can use a camera in order to take pictures of your recliner sofa as you take it apart. The pictures will help you when you reassemble the couch.
- Step 3: Now, locate release mechanisms, this will depend on the model of your power reclining sofa and in the built year. You can commonly find release mechanisms in the back of your power sofa or in the hollow space underneath the seats of your sofa. .
- Step 4: Gently tip your sofa onto its back so you can look at the hardware & frame under your seats. According to this view, you can easily see the mechanisms that hold the footrest, mid-ottoman, back, arms, and springs in place.
Taking Apart The Reclining Couch
Here are the process to take apart your reclining sofa:
- Step 1: The first thing is to prepare your plastic zipper bags. Label them according to your couch part so you easily can keep the small pieces of your hardware that come off from your couch such as screws. Label one bag "footrest and mid-ottoman" and another bag as "left arm."
- Step 2: Next you need to adjust any levers you found at the back of your couch to remove the back of the arms & the seats from your sofa.
- Step 3: Tip your couch onto its back. Remove the footrest & mid-ottoman, which are located at the front of your couch at the bottom most. Use a screwdriver or wrench to remove these components from base of the metal. Also, remember to remove the metal base from your couch.
- Step 4: After removing the footrest and other things now, loosen the bolts, levers, or screws on the sides of your couch and arm brackets it will help you to remove the arms from the sofa.
- Step 5: Now, remove the rails and assistance members along the bottom of your seat. Then you can further detach the back of your couch from the seats, or any spring sets.
- Step 6: Detach the center console from your couch if you have models like the sorrel, knockout and Tafton.