Maytag washer or dryer is considered as one of the best when it comes to washing your clothes, as they are long-lasting & strong, which are very helpful in washing the clothes rigorously. The life span of Maytag dryers is nearly 8 to 12 years, however, if you clean the lint trap of the dryer at a regular interval, then its life span can be extended. To keep this type of dryer up to date, you need to clean its hoses, heating element, as well as dryer ducts at least on a yearly basis. There are usually two main types of dryers: Maytag & Whirlpool, but the majority of the people usually use Maytag, due to the reason that it provides fresh hold & it lasts for a longer duration of time. Otherwise, both types of washers clean the clothes effectively.
Easy Steps To Disassemble A Maytag 3000 Series Dryer
Maytag dryers are usually regarded as the most reliable type of dryer, however, its parts sometimes wear, tear and break over time. If in case you have to modify the Maytag 3000 series dryer, for instance, changing the dryer belt, replacing the motor, changing out a seal, or replacing the control panel to the unit, you will first need to disassemble its appliances. Disassembling a Maytag 300 series dryer is not very difficult, and it can be performed within no time, provided you use the right tools and know the right technique. Go through the below-mentioned steps carefully in order to take apart a Maytag 3000 series dryer:
- The first & the foremost step is to loosen up your Maytag dryer from the wall outlet in your laundry room. Remove or extract the dryer away from the wall steadily in order to make sure that you have enough room to reach out to the back of the unit. Find out the exhaust hose fixed to the dryer’s exhaust vent. Squeeze the clamp supporting the exhaust hose to the exhaust vent and move the exhaust hose off of the unit smoothly.
- After that, move behind the dryer and get rid of the 6 to 9 screws that are holding the back panel onto the unit casing. These will be in numerous places, that totally is dependent on your Maytag model. As soon as the screws are out, pull on the back panel in order to free it from the unit casing.
- Now, get rid of the screws that are holding the control panel to the dryer’s top panel. There will be 3 of these screws on the left, right, and the center of where the control panel converges the dryer’s top panel.
- Next, eliminate the wire connection moving towards the control panel from the dryer with the help of your fingers. Push down on the plastic locking tab’s top in order to free it from the control panel. Get rid of the control panel from the top of the unit as soon as the wires are free.
- After that, unlock the Maytag dryer’s door and locate the 4 screws on the inner side of the door’s opening. With the help of a screwdriver, detach the screws from the edge of the dryer’s door. Upraise the top panel of the dryer off of the unit’s housing. Keep the top panel in isolation safely. Pull-on the front panel of the dryer in order to release it from the housing.
- Latly, detach the screws on the base of the side panels inside the dryer, then upraise them up out of the housing. As soon as you detached the side panels, you will have entrance to every component on the dryer.