Step By Step Process To Disassemble A Hotpoint Dryer
It is highly possible that the majority of the reliable appliances need repairing from time to time. If in case you want to repair a broken belt or looking over a hidden sound, your Hotpoint dryer needs to be carefully checked & examined. If, for some reason, you are not able to find out a technical manual for your Hotpoint machine, don't give up. There are two main categories of Hotpoint dryers: old style (pre-1997) and new style. If you want to disassemble a Hotpoint dryer for some reasons, you can do so easily, provided you follow the right technique & use the right tools for the process. Go through the below mentioned steps carefully in order to disassemble your Hotpoint dryer & achieve the desired result of your work:
- The first and foremost step is to switch off the power supply of your Hotpoint dryer, and disengage the plug from the wall outlet. Switching off the power supply is necessary due to the reason that this safeguards you from unnecessary shocks or accidents.
- The next step is to keep the door of your Hotpoint dryer open, and find out the screws that hold the lid down. With the help of your screwdriver, you can get rid of all the screws that hold the lid in place.
- After that, open the dryer lid. In case of a new-style Hotpoint dryer, you can open the dryer lid by over turning open the hinged lid. It must be noted that only the front part can be lifted up. For old-style models, the lid can be completely eliminated to reveal the dryer cabinet's interior.
- Find out and open the two screws on the inner side of the front panel of the dryer cabinet. Move the front panel off smoothly. In the case of old-style models, it can move to the right & for new-style models, it moves to the left.
- On newer Hotpoint dryers, you will get an exceptional view from the side by driving the cabinet's side panels. Look nearly six inches from the base on the cabinet's right as well as left sides. You will find out two screws. Take them out with the help of a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Rigorously unbalance the belt from the idler and motor pulleys. In case of old-style models, you can use screwdriver to get rid of the access panel found at the center of the dryer's back cover. After that, you can get rid of the clip and washers.
- Finally, pull out the drum from the front of your Hotpoint dryer in order to reveal the heating element.