Step By Step Guide & Useful Tips Of Setting Up A Bassinet
A bassinet is a useful bed that is used for newborn babies up to 4 months. The smaller size of the bassinet makes it portable. Moreover, it is just like a mobile basket that the parents can keep it in touch while sleeping at night. To set up a bassinet by yourself the user needs to go through the below-mentioned step by step guide:
- Attach Castor: Start the process by attaching the castors at the ends of the metal tubes. There will be four wheels available for four stands. It is advisable to make sure that all the castors roll freely so that the portable bassinet can be moved according to the convenience.
- Align Leg Properly: The next step is to align the four legs in the oval-shaped stand. In the meantime, do not forget to check all the support legs to make sure that they are properly locked with the frame to avoid any kind of accident. So fix up the stands very carefully into their exact spots.
- Make A Rim And Solid Surface: There will be 2 smaller metal brackets that are used to make a rim of the bassinet inside of the bassinet. So, lock down the 2 sides of the oval-shaped hardboard on these brackets using the screws and also a screwdriver. This is due to the fact that the hardboard is actually the base of the bed. Make sure that it has a smooth as well as solid surface all along with a smooth surface.
- Make A Shelf: Now it is time to attach the bigger one metal brackets at the lower part of the 4 stands so that to make a shelf under. Here, use hardboard or cloth to create that shelf. Thus, use this shelf to keep all the baby’s accessories.
- Cover With Cloth: Now cover as well as lock the bed area with the help of a cloth. Besides, to make sure it fits snugly, pull on the sides of the fabric liner.
- Arrange It: It is time to spread one sheet or the mattress on the hardboard, also keep a pillow to complete the baby’s bed. It will be better if the thickness of the foam is 2-inch. Finally, keep the material a little larger than the rim's bottom.
- Attach The Hood: Finally, secure the hood simply by locking the buttons that are provided on two sides of the hood with one of the big brackets. There will be a specific spot to attach that hood. Set up process of a bassinet is now complete.
Important & Useful Tips
- Do not keep the bassinet wheels unlocked around the stairs or other children.
- It is highly advisable to never carry a bassinet when the child is inside the bassinet.
- Do not keep the bassinet near a window especially when someone is not there. Do not attach any toys with the bassinet.
- While making a choice for the sheet and the blanket make sure that they are lightweight and it can be tucked in firmly. Do not use the U-shaped pillow as this is because the baby might get slipped down in-between the two arms of pillow.