What Are The Steps To Reupholster A Sectional Sofa?
When sectional sofa seems a bit old fashioned just Reupholster it to make it new and fashionable again rather than buying the new one. Some of the steps to reupholster the sectional sofa couch are as follows:
- Remove Old Fabric: The old fabric from the sofa needs to be removed and keep them aside in order to take measurements.
- Check The Foam: Properly analyze the foam if it is in good condition if not replace the foam as well.
- Cut The New Fabric: Take the new fabric and cut it according to the measurements of the old fabrics using electric scissors.
- Replace: Use new fabric and pin it properly. Make sure to apply one piece at one time.
- Remove Fabric From Seat Cushions: The existing cushions needs to remove by opening the zipper and replace it with the new cushion fabric and seam it again.
- Cushion Forms: The cushion forms require to be inserted into the slipcovers. If there are bit sagging issues with foam insert batting and wrap the foam around it and put the cushions back to the sofa.