Ultimate & Easy Steps To Replace Sliding Glass Door Rollers
A glass sliding door is a door that glides along the tracks, it should not jump, jerk or get stuck while trying to open or close it. With the span of time, the rollers on the door can wear out due to the amount build-up of dirt and debris found in the tracks. In this situation rollers need a replacement and to do that you need to follow the below steps carefully:
- Two Screws: The first step is to find the 2 screws that are on the bottom ends of the sliding door. The first screw sits over the other. The lower one is the screw for the adjustment. Now rotate the adjustment screw in the counterclockwise direction on both ends of the sliding glass door, this will help to raise the rollers and lower the door at the same time.
- Grasp: Hold down both sides of the sliding glass door and then raise the door up into the top track. The user needs to carefully tilt the bottom of the door towards themselves. Now its time to slowly pull the door apart from the track. It's advisable to take help from anyone in pulling the door from the track because the sliding glass doors are heavy.
- Remove: After the above step is done then place the door on a flat and stable work surface or simply over the floor. On each end of the sliding door remove the screws that are above the adjustment screws. These screws are there to hold down the rollers as well as the door frame to the bottom of the door.
- Wooden Block: Take a wooden block and place it against the bottom frame of the sliding door. Use a rubber mallet to tap the block as this will help to release the frame.
- Pry-out: Use a flat-head screwdriver to remove the original door rollers that are on the bottom of the door. In order to find out the same replacement of rollers simply take the door roller to a hardware store or any home improvement store, the user needs to remember that the door rollers are not universal products.
- Replacement: After getting the right size replacement rollers now its time to insert the replacement into the old rollers, place that is along the bottom of the door. To place the frame back onto the door, use the wooden block and rubber mallet to gently tap it .
- Secure: Now in this step the user needs to secure the rollers and the frame using the screws that were previously removed. To raise the rollers before reinstalling the door, gently turn the adjustment screws in the counterclockwise direction.
- Vacuum: To remove any dirt and debris from the sliding door vacuum the tracks. To lubricate the bottom tracks simply rub a block of paraffin wax so that it will be lubricated.
- Final Adjustment: The user needs to hold the door at an angle and carefully place the top of the door into the sliding track. For the bottom of the door lower it and insert it in the bottom track. Rotate the adjustment screws clockwise direction as this will help to lower the rollers and raise the door at the same time. Continue the adjustment process of the rollers until the satisfied door placement is achieved.