Step By Step Procedure & Items Required To Replace The Mirror Closet Door Rollers
When the users purchase the new closet doors then the rollers placed at the base moves easily on the track. Within the long passage of the time, the rollers of the doors start to get the problems as the rollers of the doors can get sticked, the door might get jumped off from the track or the rollers are not working at all. The users can easily replace the mirror closet door rollers at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then following the below-defined steps:
- Masking Tape, Work Gloves
- Screwdriver And Replacement Door Rollers
Step By Step Procedure
- Place The Masking Tape: Start by placing the masking tape on each panel of the closet door and by this the users will forbid the glass from getting out of the place. After that, position the tape on the base edge to the next topmost edge. They can also position the tape in a straight way across accordingly.
- Wear The Leather Gloves: Then the users need to wear the gloves made up of the leather before they detach the panels of the door. Most of the closet mirror doors are having the frame made up of the metal that can also have sharp corners. The users need to wear the gloves even if they are working with the wood frame so as to prevent themselves from the accidents.
- Drift The Doors: Now drift the exterior doors towards the central opening portion. Then the users need to hold up the doors on both sides and then gently lift up the door and then angle the door panel base towards the closet inner side. Then gently lift it down so as to release the wheels within the topmost track. Then place the panel of the door on any flat surface like the carpet floor or the bed towards its mirror side facing downwards.
- Place The Inside Panel: Then place the inside panel of the door to the central opening of the door and then hold up the door on its sides. Then pull it upwards and then angle the door panel base towards the closet inner side. Then lift down so as to release down the wheels within the topmost track. Then place the panel of the door downwards on the flat surface.
- Remove The Screws: Next detach the screws and then fasten the assemblies of the wheel within the inner door panel by using the screwdriver. Most of the manufacturers also affix the screw at the topmost door edge.
- Remove One Wheel Assembly: Then the users need to detach one assembly of the wheel and then take it to their nearby home center so as to purchase the new wheelset. The wheel center is offset within the affixed plate and then compare it with the new wheelset so as to purchase the right offset for their closet doors.
- Place The Wheel Assemblies: Then position the assemblies of the wheel in the top panels of the door and then fasten it by using the retained screws. Then examine the tracks of the doors before completely installing the door and then they need to examine and then repair the unfastened screws or the bends within the track.
- Lift The Inside Panel: Now lift the inside panel of the door by simply holding the door panel to its sides. Then rotate the panel base part towards the surface of the closet and place the wheel within the uppermost track. Then the users need to bring the base door panel portion towards the opening while they are lifting the panel of the door. Then release the hold when the door panel base will rest with the floor guide.
- Place The Outside Panel: Then position the outside panel of the door within the opening by keeping its base portion rotating outside towards them. Then the users need to place the wheels within the front most top track and then rotate the base portion over the guide of the floor.
- Remove Tape: Detach the tape within the panels and then examine the rollers of the door by simply binding and unbinding the doors of the closet.