How To Replace Hardwood Floors: 4 Easy Steps
4 Easy Steps to Replace Hardwood FloorsHere are some of the steps by which the customers can easily replace hardwood floors:
Step 1: Detach the Old Hardwood1. Wear The Mask And Goggles: The customers need to start by wearing the goggles and the mask in order to avoid the dust from getting into the eyes or breathing into the lungs.
2. Calculate The breadth Of The Present Hardwood: The customers then need to extract the loose hardwood piece from the floor in order to calculate the breadth of the hardwood plank.
3. Make Cuts: The customers then need to use the round saw and make the cuts at right angles to hardwood planks.
4. Extract The Hardwood Plank: The customers then need to use the pry bar and put it in the one cuts of the hardwood planks. They then need to use the mallet and tap it to the end of the pry bar in order to completely remove the first hardwood plank from the floor.
5. Detach The Other Hardwood Planks: The customers need to use the same pry bar and mallet in order to remove the other hardwood planks from the floor.
Steps 2: Prepare the Subfloor1. Detach All The Staples And The Nails: The customers need to remove all the nails and the staples from the hardwood planks by using the nail claw.
2. Sand The Paint: The customers then need to use the electric sander in order to remove all the paint or the other sticky material from the floor.
3. Analyze The Flatness: The customers then need to lay the lumber piece that is near about 10 feet in the exact length on the floor in order to check all the dips or the raised humps accordingly. The customers then need to mark all the spots that they find out.
4. Use The Orbital Sander: The customers then need to use the orbital sander in order to sand down all the humps and in order to fill up the dips the customers need to use the leveling compound.
5. Use The Vacuum: The customers need to use the vacuum in order to wipe away all the dust caused by the sanding on the floor.
Step 3: Install the Flooring1. Place The New Hardwood Planks: The customers need to place the new hardwood planks in the room where they are going to get installed for near about 4 days so that the new hardwood planks will get adjusted according to the humidity of the room.
2. Use The Nails Or Glue: The customers then need to trim the hardwood flooring as per the taken measurements of the floor. They then need to affix the planks by using the nails or the wood glue accordingly.
Step 4: Complete the Installation Process1. Clean The Dust And Glue: The customers need to clean all the excess glue from the floor by using the soft rag and then they also need to use the vacuum in order to wipe away all the dust.
2. Place The Heavy Weighted Items: The customers need to place the heavy items like books and the tools on the floor for near about 24 hours.