Step By Step Guide And The Materials Required To Replace Garage Door Rollers Without Bending Track
The door roller usually helps in easy opening up the garage but within the few spans of time, the mechanism and the tracks can get affected by the normal wear and tear. The users can easily replace the garage door rollers by following the correct techniques and the right tools. Most of the door rollers can easily be replaced at their cross-wise tracks at their garage door and the two rollers at the top need to be replaced at their flat tracks. The users can easily replace garage door rollers without bending tracks at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then following the below-described procedure:
- Ladder, Pliers, Flathead screwdriver
- Garage Door Rollers, Claw Hammer And Clamp
Step I: Open The Door
- Open The Door: Start by completely opening the door garage as it is very easy to handle the door from the roller close to the door base. Before starting up the work the users need to open up the door and then lift up the door with the hand or they can also use the power opener as well.
- Disconnect The Power Opener: If in case the users are having the power opener then they need to disconnect it first and to do so they need to lift up the rope that is affixed with the opener so as to liberate the door of the garage. In order to add the safety, the users can use the ladder so as to climb upwards and then disconnect the opener so that it won't get activated when the users are replacing the door rollers.
- Pull The Track: The users then need to pull the track at the garage front so as to open it by using the pliers. Then they need to find out the seam at the topmost area of the crosswise piece of the tracks. Then the users need to grasp the one trackside by using the pliers and then tilt it to the ninety degrees and they need to keep on pry the track that they have tilted in the first section. This will help the users to pop out the rollers out from the track. If in case the users are having the pliers then they need to use the hammer backside for this purpose.
Step II- Restoring The Base Rollers
- Lift The Door Down: Start by lifting the door downwards so that the roller will easily align with the pried track. The users are advised to work gently so that they won't lose control over the door when the users will pull it downwards. When the users will line up the first roller with the track part that they have opened up then they need to grasp the door in one place by using one hand.
- Detach The Roller: Then the users need to burst the first roller from the track by using the screwdriver. Then they need to drift the screwdriver edge beneath the roller round part and then lift the handle of the screwdriver so as to burst the roller out. The roller will burst out within its track by which it can be detached easily.
- Slide The Old Roller: Then they need to drift the pre-existing roller and then put a new one in that place and to do so they need to grasp the edge of the old roller and then lift it upwards from its place. Then the users need to take the new roller and then drift it gently to that spot over the hinge. The users are advised not to affix or unfasten any nuts or the screws so as to adjust the new roller.
- Place Back The Roller: Then they need to place the roller to its place and then raise the door so that the track length and the door will be aligned in one place. The users need to assure that the roller is placed at the track center and then they need to strike the roller end within the hinge by using the hammer so as to bump it back to its actual place. After this, the rollers need to run efficiently upwards and the downwards within the track.
- Replace The Rollers: Then they need to restore all the rollers except the rollers at the sides that the users are working on. The users need to lift the door downwards till they won't reach to another roller. Then they need to burst out the roller from its track by using the screwdriver and then replace the old roller with the new roller. The users need to keep on working until they have only one roller left at the topmost panel of the door. Once the users have finished up the process they need to open up their door completely.
- Close The Track: Then they need to tilt the track again once the users have replaced the rollers at one door side. Then they need to use the pliers so as to bind the track portion that was tilted earlier and then they need to tilt it again to its actual position so that the track will get flushed at the joints or else the rollers will apprehend on it.
- Repeat The Process: The users then need to repeat the same procedure while replacing the rollers at the other side and they need to keep on their work on the rollers till they won't replace all the rollers except the top two rollers.
Step III: Replacing The Top Two Rollers
- Place The Clamps: Start by placing the clamps over the track near about one foot away from the door base. Once the door is opened the users need to fasten the hand clamp at the door base as this will prevent the door from collapsing when the users start replacing the top rollers.
- Pull The Roller: Then they need to burst the roller from its track by using the screwdriver and they are also advised to climb the ladder so as to easily reach the top roller even when the door is opened. Then they need to drift the screwdriver edge beneath the topmost roller and then pull it from its track accordingly.
- Change The Old Roller: Then the users need to change the old rollers by using the new rollers and to do so they need to lift the edge of the old roller and then lift it outwards from its topmost bracket. Once the users detached it then they need to drift the new one into that place.
- Put The Roller Back To Its Place: Then the users need to swivel the track by using the hand so as to burst the roller to its original position. If in case the track does not get turned so easily then the users need to tilt the track by using the pliers.
- Follow The Same Process: The users then need to repeat the same procedure while replacing the roller of the other side of door.