Procedure To Repair/Fix Peeling Veneer On Particle Board Cabinets
The best way to fix the peeling of the Veneer On Particle Board Cabinets is mentioned below:
- Unscrew: Begin with unscrewing the hinges from the cabinet, remove the handle also.
- Peel: Now with the help of the fingers carefully peel the veneer as much as possible, only peel the loosen veneer and don't remove the glued one.
- Solvent: Now, apply the solvent based waterproof contact cement to all the exposed area and to the underside of the laminated surface as well, with the help of the small paintbrush, just use the thin layer of the contact cement and don't saturate all the surface.
- Pencil: Keep the glued surface separated with the help of the pencil, and let the glue to set for almost 10 minutes.
- Remove: Now remove the separator like pencil, and firmly press the surface to the core.
- C-clamp: Before using the C-clamp so that glue will secure the bond tightly, it is best to use a scrap of the wood on both sides of the door, then clamp the pieces together. Don't use the clamp for more than 5 minutes, then release it.