Steps To Remove Oil Stain From Leather Sofa
The leather sofa can be cleaned easily. Any spill on leather sofa can be cleaned by using a damp rag. But the oil from food, hair, etc can stain the leather sofa and effects on the appearance of the sofa. The steps are mentioned below to remove stain from the leather sofa:
- Blot The Stain: The customer needs to blot the oil from the leather sofa as much as possible. The oil stain is blotted by folding the paper towel. Smoothly blot the stain without rubbing it and prevent it from spreading to other areas.
- Sprinkle The Oil Stain: Now the next step is to apply talcum powder on to the stain with the help of finger until the friction occurs between two surfaces. The heat between the surfaces helps to loosen the oil.
- Cover With Plastic Wrap: Take a plastic wrap and cover the oil stain and powder, and then leave it to sit on the oil stain for the whole night.
- Clean The Powder: Take a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush and clean the powder from the leather sofa. Then clean the area with a wet rag and remove all the left out traces.
- Apply Leather Conditioner: The last step is to apply the leather conditioner on the leather sofa. It is applied on the leather sofa according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Steps To Get Rid Of Stain From White Leather Sofa
It is difficult to remove stain from a white leather sofa. The dark stain is quite noticeable on the white leather. So it is important to use a good cleaning solution that will not damage the white leather sofa. The steps are given below to clean the white leather sofa:
- Make A Solution: First, the customer needs to prepare a solution by mixing the lemon juice and the cream of tartar.
- Apply Paste: Dip the sponge into the solution and apply the paste on the stained area. Then wait for 10 minutes.
- Add Soap: Take another sponge and damp it with soap.
- Wipe The Mixture: Use the damp sponge to clean the mixture. Then twist the sponge and make it wet again and clean until all the mixture removes from the leather sofa.