Step By Step Guide Of Removing Sliding Closet Doors
The Set-up of each sliding door is very different but they can be detached by following the simple steps. The users need to start by unfastening the brackets that are placed at the door top by using the screwdriver and then they need to lift it upwards and then pull it accordingly. If in case the users find out that there are brackets at the base then they need to detach the screws that fasten the door with the brackets before they lift out the door. The users are advised to be very careful while they are pulling out the door from its track as most of the doors are very heavy. The users can easily detach the sliding closet doors at home by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step I: Unscrewing The Brackets
- Check Inside The Closet: Start by going inside the closet and then examine the door back. Then unbind the doors of the closet and then go within the closet. After that, the users need to look at the base and the top of the door so as to find the brackets. Then find out the screws present on the bracket so as to find out whether they require the flat-headed screwdriver or the Philips to detach it. Most of the sliding doors only consist of the one bracket placed at the top side.
- Unfasten The Brackets: Then unfasten the brackets that are placed at the door top so as to lose the brackets. In order to take out the door, the users need to lift the door from its base track. The users are advised to use the screwdriver so as to unfasten the screws present on the brackets and they need to unfasten the brackets that are present on the donor base as well.
- Lift The Door: The users require to lift the door to check whether it will move 1-2 inches and then hold up the door with the hands by gripping the door side. They need to lift up the door in a straight way and if they find out that it moves up freely then they will get enough space to lift up the base track.
- Remove The Brackets: Detach the brackets by locking up the door at the base track. Before lifting up the door from its frame the users are advised to carefully examine the base to check if there are the wheels beneath the door or the bracket set on the line. If they didn't find out any brackets that are joining the frame with the track then it might be having the wheels and the users do not require detaching anything. Then unfasten the brackets at the tracks so as to detach them if the users are having the plan to keep the door over the track. If in case there are wheels then they need to ignore them and they will easily lift outwards when the users will lift out the door.
Step II: Detach Doors And The Track
- Move Another Door Side: Start by moving to another door side so that the users are facing their closet. The users may need more space for maneuver and if the users are having the more area for walking into the closet then they can easily detach it within the closet. The users can easily lift up the door from its base track and then lift it accordingly. In order to prevent themself from falling the users need to move the tools and the screws from the floor.
- Lift Up The Door: Then the users need to lift up the door front so as to elevate it from the ground and then they need to hold up the door sides with the hands. Then they need to firmly grip their door and then raise it as much as high as they can within the topmost track.
- Lift The Door Base: Then lift the door base outwards towards them and then set it downwards. While they are holding up the door they need to lift it 20 cm towards them and then take down the door over the surface of the floor. Once the users find out that the door reaches the floor they need to examine the base track so as to be assured that it is off completely.
- Remove The Door: Then completely detach the door by unfastening the brackets that are placed at the top and the door will eventually fall down when they detach the final screw and thus the users need to be fully prepared to catch up the door once they unfastened the last screw.
- Repeat The Same Procedure: Finally the users need to repeat the same procedure while detaching the other door and then detach the screws within the middle tracks so as to detach them. Once the users detach both the doors they will see the five or six screws within the track at the base and at the top. They need to use the screwdriver so as to entirely detach the screws within the tracks. The tracks will stick the little once the users detach the screws but they will easily come out with a gentle pull.