Easy Steps And Items Needed For Removing Deep Scratches From Solid Surface Countertops
The scratched & blotched solid-surface countertops draw away from the overall decor and the feel of your entire kitchen. Unfortunately, the solid-surface acrylic countertop, like Corian, can be easily scratched by knives, green scouring pads, and harsh cleaners, which can also dull their presentation systematically. Fix all these scratches as they occur by gently buffing them out. If you want to remove deep scratches from your solid surface countertops then you just need to collect all the required items and follow the mentioned steps. Here is the list of required items and steps for this process:
- Mild Abrasive Liquid Cleaner
- Peach-Colored Scouring Pad
- Aqua-Colored Scouring Pad
- Gray-Colored Scouring Pad
Steps For This Process
- First of all, you need to squirt a small amount of your liquid, delicately abrasive cleaner onto the scratch affected area of your solid surface countertop. Work your sponge through with the cleaner by using a circular motion. Press down thoroughly on your sponge as you work to help remove any debris or cleanser buildup that may be inside the scratch affected area. Simply rinse well with the clean water.
- Now you need to work a peach-colored scouring pad over the scratch affected area. Simply hold your pad against your counter gently & pull it back and forth in a consecutive-line motion over the scratch affected area.
- Next you need to switch the direction in which you are moving your scouring pad over the scratch affected area so your new direction is now horizontal to the original direction you were moving your pad. Continue to use only in a light touch, simply pressing it down too hard will only deepen the scratches.
- Then you need to dry your Corian repeatedly & look at the scratched affected area. Now your solid surface countertop may appear luminous in color, or duller in the scratch affected area. This is normal and you don't have to worry about at this time. Stop using the peach-colored pad once the scratch is no longer be seen, disregarding of the condition of your area.
- After that, you need to wet down your counter again & rub an aqua-colored scouring pad over the dulled area. You just need to use the same light touch, by moving your pad in the same straight direction over the dulled area of your solid surface countertop. The aqua-colored pad may not be enough to bring your countertop back to its original texture if your solid counter is dull or dull in the finish.
- Now you need to work a gray-colored scouring pad over the dull area of your countertop once the aqua-colored pad has been used if your Corian countertop is polished or glossy in finish. Continue using a light touch & working your pad in a single direction at a time until the dull area of your countertop matches & comes close to matching the rest of your countertop.
- Finally, you need to wipe a coat of the solid-surface countertop polish over the entire countertop if your Corian is glossy or semigloss in the finish. Your countertop polish will easily restore the last of the dull area & also blend it in with the rest of your countertop, making the scratched affected area disappear.
- If you have any deep scratches, gouges or chips in your Corian countertops, then you just need to contact a professional to resurface your countertop.