6 Easy Steps Of Removing Rivets From The Folding Chair
Removing a rivet can seem a difficult task, but if having the right tools, it is a really simple procedure. There are a number of procedures used for removing the rivet, below the user will go through the best and easy step by step procedure of removing the rivets from the folding chair:
- First of all, simply use a punch to place a divot right in the head of the rivet in the folding chair. For that, the user needs to take a pin, center, or gently prick the punch and then hold it with the top of the rivet. With the help of a hammer, strike or tap the end of the punch for creating a small dent in the rivet head. It is advisable to be careful not to miss the end of the punch or strike the hand with the hammer. However, some of the punches are usually spring-loaded, which means they will punch the rivet on their own.
- After that, secure a drill bit that fits very neatly into the divot and it must be long enough to penetrate easily all the way in the rivet. Tighten the chuck in a way so that the bit will become tight and secure. The end of the drill bit must be thin enough so that it will fit snugly into the divot that is created by the punch.
- Apply some of the lubricants at the end of the drill bit. This is because drilling the rivet creates lots of friction as well as heat, so in order to help the bit to go through the rivet without getting overheated or getting any damage, the user needs to apply a few drops of the lubricant at the end of it. Use the fingers to apply the lubricant all over the end of the bit.
- Before heading to the job, wear on safety glasses. Rivets are made from the metal, so drilling against the metal can create many sparks or can cause fragments to fly off, and this can possibly injure the eyes. Before starting to drill, wear on safety glasses that will fit securely.
- Now it is time to place the drill bit on the divot right in the center of the rivet. The bit must fit on the divot, but apply some pressure for holding the end of the bit with the rivet. Be very careful not to apply too much pressure or it can slip the drill and the bit will scratch the surface of the folding chair.
- While drilling through the rivet it is advisable to maintain a low but steady speed. Boring into the metal rivets is done with the pressure and not with the speed. Start out the drilling slowly and maintain a steady speed while holding the drill against the rivet as well as apply the firm pressure. Do not press hard against the rivet.With the help of the drill drive the rivet into the surface. Continue to maintain pressure while drilling through the rivet. Eventually, the rivets of the folding chair will be pushed all the way into the hole.