The layer of a thin plastic laminate on wood planks is called vinyl flooring. The vinyl flooring is not durable and therefore it gets damaged or stained easily. Resin and a colorant help the marker ink for waterproofing and volatile organic compounds help to dry the marker stain within a few seconds, so cleaning the stain of a permanent marker from vinyl flooring is very tough method. However, there are many methods which the user can use to remove the permanent marker stain provided they follow the methods carefully.
Methods To Get Rid Of Permanent Marker Stain From Vinyl Floor
In order to get rid of permanent marker stain from the vinyl floor, the user can follow one of the below-given methods. Follow the given methods carefully to get the best results:
- Soft Cloth: To start the process of cleaning the permanent marker stain from vinyl floor, the user needs soft and clean cloth.
- Rub: Make wet cloth with alcohol and gently rub stain of the permanent marker on vinyl floor. Repeat this process nearly 2-3 times to remove marker stain.
- Wipe: Damp cloth is good for wiping the vinyl flooring. Wipe vinyl floor with a wet and clean damp cloth.
- Dry: Leave vinyl flooring for nearly 1-2 hours in order to make it dry completely.
- Non-oily Hairspray: Directly start spraying the vinyl flooring with non-oily hairspray.
- White Towel: Start blotting the stain with a white towel and again spray some more non-oily hairspray on vinyl flooring and continue blotting process until the stain is gone fully.
Nail Polish Remover
- Drop some non-acetone nail polish remover on the stain and let sit the nail polish remover for 2-3 minutes then rub the vinyl flooring with a damp cloth until the stain is removed.
- Clean Cloth: Start dipping clean cloth in a mineral spirits and start rubbing vinyl flooring in circular motion until the stain is gone.
- Wipe: The user needs to mix some amount of liquid soap with water. Wipe the vinyl flooring with wet soapy cloth.
- Dry: Let the vinyl dry for 5-6 hours.
- Rubber Gloves: Rubber gloves protects skin from turpentine. The user needs to fill a small container with turpentine.
- Dip & Rub: Don't dip full cloth in turpentine use just the corners of cloth. Rub the vinyl until stains are gone from vinyl flooring.
- Rinse: The user needs to mix some amount of dish soap with warm water and now clean the vinyl flooring with a clean cloth.
- Wipe: Finally, wipe the vinyl flooring with dry towel.