Three Easy Ways To Remove/Get Rid Of Paint Splatter From Walls
The easy ways of removing the paint splatter from the surface of the walls are by using the paint stripper, sandpaper, and the heat gun. The users should refrain from using the caustic strippers as this can easily discolor the entire wall surface. The users are also advised to wear all the protective gear so as to protect themselves from breathing all the harmful chemicals that can easily damage the lungs. The users can easily remove the paint splatter from walls at home by following the below-mentioned ways:
Way I- Using The Sandpaper
- Clean The Wall: Start by cleaning up the wall by using the warm water and the soap. In order to prepare up the wall surface for getting sanded down, they need to fill up the medium-sized bucket with the warm water and the mild soap. Then the users need to soak up the soft cloth in the bucket and then rub the cloth over the entire surface of the wall as this will easily remove all the paint markings and the dirt.
- Buy The Sanding Block Or Sandpaper: The users then need to buy the sanding block or the sander so as to use it on the walls. The users are advised not to use the rubbing sandpaper as that will not work with the wall. The sanding block is the tiny material block that is wrapped by the sandpaper by which it can easily sand down any flat surface and the sander is the machine-controlled equipment like the drill where the users can easily load the sandpaper into it so as to sand down the wall surface. Sanding down any wall surface can increase the exposure of inhaling the harmful dust and that is why it is advised to wear the mask.
- Sandown The Undesired Paint: Then the users need to sand down the undesired paint from the wall surface and to do so they need to rub the sanding block over the entire surface of the paint and they are adding to move the block in the back and in the forth motion. They also need to apply the immense force while sanding the wall if in case the users are using the sanding block. Once the users removed the undesired paint then they need to clean off the dust by using the clean cloth.
Way II-Using The Chemical Stripper
- Buy The Hand Gloves: Start by purchasing the chemical opposing hand gloves and then the users need to freshen the room. The chemical strippers usually eat up the paint structure. The users are also advised to wear old clothes so as to prevent the new ones from getting damaged. They also need to open up the windows so as to prevent the buildup of the harmful fumes in the room.
- Cover The Floor: The users then need to detach all the furnishing items and then cover up the floor by using the plastic trap or the drop cloth.
- Apply The Chemical Stripper: Then the users need to spread down the chemical stripper over the surface of the wall by using the old paintbrush and then they need to allow the stripper to be on the wall surface for almost twenty minutes. When the users will find out that the paint gets softened and the paint starts to get bubbled off and then they need to scrape off the paint as much as they can by using the paint scraper or the putty knife as well.
- Neutralize The Chemical Stripper: If in case the users are having the plan of re-painting the wall surface then they need to neutralize the chemical stripper by soaking up the soft rag in the water and then rub it over the entire surface of the wall. By doing so the users can easily redress the effect of the paint stripper so as to get rid of the stain that is left behind over the wall surface.
Way III- Using The Heat Gun
- Purchase The Required Items: Start by purchasing the prevent eyeglasses, shirt, and the thick gloves as well so as to protect themselves from getting the burned marks. The users also require to use the paint scraper.
- Use The Heat Shield: If the users want to strip down any particular spot then they need to craft the heat shield. The heat gun is ideal to get used for stripping down the entire wall surface. The users need to trim the cardboard ring larger than the targeted area by using the sharp scissors and then they need to wrap this trimmed ring of the cardboard in the aluminum foil. Then the users require to place this cardboard shield over the target area on the wall so as to continue the further process.
- Apply The Heat: Then they need to apply the heat over the undesired paint in the broad movements by simply keeping the heat gun nozzle near about two inches far from the wall surface. Within the few minutes of applying the heat, the users will find out that the paint will start to get loosen from the wall surface.
- Scrape The Paint: Once the paint gets loosen then the users need to scrape down the undesired paint by using the paint scraper and then they need to repeat the same procedure while removing the paint from the entire surface of the wall.