How To Remove Paint From Wood Furniture?
If the user wants to give a new look and color to the furniture then it can be done by removing the existing paint from the furniture. The steps to remove the paint from the wood furniture are given below:
- Put On Gloves: Wear the gloves and old clothes to start the work.
- Apply Paint Remover: Now apply the thick coat of paint remover on the surface of the furniture.
- Test After Processing Time: After waiting for specified amount of time check whether the paint has been soften with the help of a putty knife.
- Remove Paint With Putty Knife: Remove the paint with the help of putty knife without damaging the wood.
- Use Steel Wool: Remove the remaining paint from the furniture with the help of steel wool.
- Clean The Wood: Remove the paint stripper from the wood according to the manufacturers specifications or by water.
- Dry & Sand: Leave the furniture to dry and use the sandpaper to remove any remaining paint from the surface of the furniture.
How To Remove Lead Paint From Wood Furniture?
The steps to remove the lead paint from the wood furniture are given below:
- Use Safety Gear: The first step is to wear the respiratory mask and gloves while working on the wood furniture for the safety measure and the workspace should be properly ventilated.
- Remove Hardware: Carefully remove the hardware components from the wood furniture like knobs, handles, etc.
- Brush On Chemical Stripper: Next step is to apply a thick coat of chemical stripper on the wood.
- Allow Chemical Stripper To Take Effect: Wait for 20 minutes and with the span of time the chemical stripper soften the lead painted area.
- Scrape The Paint: Then with the help of putty knife remove the lead paint from the wood.
- Discard Off All Paint Chips: The last step is to clean the chopped lead paint particles from the surface of wood piece.
How To Remove Latex Paint From Wood Furniture?
1.Scrub The Stains With Dishwashing Liquid
: If the latex paint is applied before one or two hours and need to be removed, the user can do it by making a mixture of dishwashing liquid and warm water and rub the mixture over the surface of the wood furniture by using a sponge or nylon scrub brush.
2.Sand The Stains
: If the latex paint is applied some time ago and now it needs to be removed. For this, the user can use a putty knife or sandy sponge. Take a sandy sponge and rub it on the surface of the wood to remove the stain. Then clean the surface of the wood furniture.
How To Remove Spray Paint From Wood Furniture?
The steps for removing the spray paint from the wood furniture are given below:
- Pour Solvent On Rag: Take sufficient amount of acetone solvent and put it on the clean rag. It will help in removing the dried spray paint.
- Apply Directly: Acetone solvent is applied directly on the surface of the wood furniture.
- Wait For Sometime: Permit the solvent to stay on the wood surface for some time. It will help in removing the spray paint easily.
- Scrub The Wood: Again use the acetone solvent on the rag and rub over the surface of the wood furniture and remove all the paint from the surface.
- Rise The Wood: Wash the wood piece with the water and remove all the left over paint particles from the wood surface.