What Are The Steps To Remove Old Carpet Padding Stuck Foam/Adhesive?
Removing the old carpet is the tedious job especially when it comes to padding as removing the padding adhesive can be the problem but is not impossible but requires certain steps to follow. The steps to remove the old carpet stuck are mentioned below:
- Scrapper: Scrape the stuck padding foam with the help of a putty knife or good quality scraper.
- Solution: The solution needs to be prepared using Warm water and one tablespoon of the dish detergent.
- Application: Apply the solution over the stuck carpet solution and allow it to stay over it for approximately 30 minutes.
- Scrape: After 30 minutes the wet padding foam or adhesive needs to be scraped either using putty knife or scrapper. In case the stuck foam is still there then try to remove it using acetone or rubbing alcohol. Once applied let it sit there for at least thirty minutes.
- Scrub: Scrub the solution applied padding using the sponge or cloth. The solution can be reapplied if the foam is still there and allow it to be there for 30 minutes again.
- Floor Cleaner: Once all the stuck padding is removed follow by cleaning floor using floor cleaner.
- Rinse And Dry: Use warm water to rinse the floor well and allow it to air dry completely.