Three Easy Ways Of Getting Rid Of Oil Stains From Wood Deck
Getting rid of the stains from the wooden deck can be simple or complex, which is entirely dependent on the type of stain. Stains that occur due to the spilled liquids and oil are quite tougher that will need relatively more time and effort in comparison to the others to get out. And, if they saturate into the wood for a longer period of time, then they are nearly impossible to get out. Therefore, if your wooden deck gets affected by oil stains, then you need to clean them as soon as possible otherwise they will damage the beautiful & attractive look of your deck. There is a huge range of products that can be used when it comes to cleaning oil stains, however, Krud Kutter is regarded as one of the most acknowledged products for its easy use as well as functionality. Three easy ways for removing stains including oil stains are mentioned below:
Way 1: Spot Cleaning
- Firstly, spray the area that you are looking to clean with water. Always make sure to maintain a wet surface on the area that you are cleaning. For best result, prevent doing this task under direct sunlight. Also, do not permit the product to dry on the surface.
- Now, sprinkle or apply the original Krud Kutter directly on the surface.
- Allow it to stay on the surface for nearly 1-2 minutes.
- Agitate the stained area with the help of a scrub brush before rinsing the surface well using water.
- It may need a second application which is totally dependent on how long the stain has been there.
Way 2: General Cleaning Using Pressure Washer
The pressure washer is one of the best products when it comes to day-to-day cleaning. It will help you in getting rid of such damages and in the end, keep your wooden deck in the good condition.
- Rinse the adjoining areas and vegetation using water. And, as already mentioned, make sure not to use this cleaning process under direct sunlight.
- Place siphon tube of the pressure washer instantly into the bottle of Original Krud Kutter or set product full strength into a supply of the pressure washer.
- Sprinkle at low pressure onto the wet surface. Allow it to remain on the surface for at least 3-5 minutes, do not let the product dry on the surface.
- You may need to scrub heavily soiled or mildewed areas or a second application may be required.
- Repeat the process for all sections of your deck before rinsing the adjoining vegetation again.
Way 3: General Cleaning Using Hose
- Combine or put together 350 ml of product with 3lt of water in a bucket. If heavily soiled, then mix marginally stronger with Original Krud Kutter.
- Wet the surface to be cleaned before you apply the product. For effective results, you need to complete this whole project out of direct sunlight. It is also a good idea to work in sections.
- Clean in sections with the help of a soft bristle brush. Allow it to stay on the surface for at least 3-5 minutes, making sure not to allow the product to dry on the surface.
- Rinse the cleaner off the surface with the help of a hose. When it comes to heavily soiled areas, you may need a second application.
- Repeat the same process for all the sections of the deck before rinsing the adjoining vegetation.