Easy Ways Of Cleaning The Hair Dye Stain From The Bathtub
Countertops as well as the bathtubs are typically made from the porcelain-enameled material or from the fiberglass. Therefore, there are only a few options to remove hair dye. Many products like bath products or the cleaning products contain the dye, which can stain any of the surfaces, including the bathtub. There are a number of products that can remove a dye stain. Below the user can find some easy ways for removing the hair dye stain from the bathtub:
- Dish Liquid: The first step is to try washing away all the dye using some of the dish liquid. It is possible that the dye can be still loose enough so that it can be simply washed away just with the help of a detergent.
- Isopropyl Alcohol: Apply some of the isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball and then use it to clean all the dye stain from the bathtub.
- Nail Polish Remover: The nail polish remover can also be used for removing the dye stains, however, it is important to test it in a small, hidden spot before using it and this is because many of them also contain the dyes that could leave a stain.
- Powdered Cleansers: The powdered cleansers also work well on the dye stains. Simply try using either the baking soda or any of the commercial powdered cleaner, to scrub off all the dye stain with just a little water. Another option is to apply the oxyclean. For that mix a small amount of it with the water to form a paste, then rub it on the stain with the help of a cloth.
- Baking Soda & Water: If in case the dye stain is stubborn or strong, that time make a paste using a baking soda and the water, spread it over the stain, and leave it to dry completely. Wash off the paste that will become dry, which must have absorbed some or all of the dye stain from the bathtub. Repeat the same process as needed until the stain is fully removed.
- Bleach And Water: Use the equal parts of the bleach and water to soak the dye stain. Leave it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then wipe away.
- Acetone: The user can also apply acetone to a clean, white rag and then gently dab all the area and let it dry, then wipe away.
Fiberglass And Acrylic Tubs
- Fill out the fiberglass tub with the hot water and then add 4 to 5 tablets of the denture cleaner to the water. Leave the solution in the tub for the overnight. In the next morning, drain and wipe clean the bathtub.
- The other option is to create a paste from the borax and water. Then simply use the paste to scrub the stain clean.
- Spray the dye with the 1/4 cup of the household bleach that is mixed with water in a 1-quart in the bottle. Leave the bleach on the stain until it lessens the stain. Scrub with clean soft cloth or sponge.
The dye stains can be very difficult to remove, so the user must have patience while working. If the bathtub is white, then the user can try using the bleach to remove all the stain.