Step By Step Guide Of Removing The Bathtub Jet Covers
The home spas usually need some of the maintenance from time to time and replacing the jet covers is one among them. Depending on the type of jet cover the user has, this can be a quick as well as easy procedure. Follow the easy steps mentioned below in order to remove the bathtub jet covers:
- The first step is to drain the water out from the bathtub. This is because it is not safe to remove the jet covers while the water is still in the bathtub. So it is important to drain out water from the tub before working on the jets. To drain the bathtub, simply turn off the spa’s circuit breaker. After that, the user needs to remove the front panel of the tub and find out the hose spigot. After that attach a garden hose right to the spigot and then drain the water out of the tub.
- It is not safe to remove jets with the water in the tub as it could lead to electrocution, especially in case if the spa’s circuit breaker has not been turned off. The user can easily remove any of the remaining water with a mop or wet/dry vac. Draining is not necessary if the jets are in a bathtub and this is because bathtubs are drained out of the water after each use.
- Read the owner’s manual, this is due to the fact that there are several home spas and also different types of brands. So the different brands may need a slightly different replacement technique than the other types. Read the owner’s manual for the exact instructions to remove as well as replace jets.
- Remove the existing jet covers. For the removal, the user may just need to rotate it in the counterclockwise direction until it will pop out of the jet well. If it can’t be easily removed by hand, that time use a wrench. Tighten the wrench on the jet for a good grip. After that rotate the wrench in the counterclockwise direction to loosen the jet until it will become loose enough so that it can be pulled out of the tub. However, the user manual may have some specific instructions for removing the jets. So, it is advisable to read out the manual before removing the jets.
- Measure the jets, if the user does not have the replacement of jet cover yet, then they can get an idea about what kind of jet they need to purchase simply by measuring an old jet cover. First, remove all of the jets from the bathtub. Then, place a jet covers out on a flat surface. With the help of a ruler or using a tape, measure the length as well as the diameter of the jet.
- Finally it is time to purchase new jets along with the measurement, consider the brand, color, as well as the style that the user wants for the replacement jets. The user can purchase the new jets from the company from where the tub is purchased. If not, then simply go to the local home improvement store or they can also order the jets online.