Easy Steps & Useful Tips Of Removing Top Hung Sliding Door
Sliding closet door to the side for saving space in the room, the user can position furniture beside the closet without having to worry about the floor space that is needed for a swinging door. Most of the sliding doors have two rolling doors, one slides to the front, and the other one slides behind the front door. If the doors are in need of an update or repair, then it can be removed in minutes. The easy steps & useful tips for removing top hung sliding door are mentioned below:
- The first step is to remove the screws that are holding the track in place with the help of a screwdriver. Slightly, tilt the track in the backward direction, after that pull it in the forward direction toward the user & then remove it. Sliding doors have wheels on the top & you need to only use the bottom track for the guidance.
- The next step is to loosen the wheel adjustment screws that are on the top inside of the first door. This will help to lower the door slightly and will create a small gap in-between the top of the door as well as the top rail.
- Hold the door exactly near the bottom from both sides. Pull out the bottom slightly, at about a 10-degree angle, as well as push it up in order to release the wheels exactly from the top track. Now simply pull the door away. Repeat the same process with the second door as well.
Important & Useful Tips
- Remove all the rolling hardware from the sliding doors if possible before updating, like a painting, in order to ensure the paint will not accidentally dry on the hardware. The paint can also keep the wheels from rolling out smoothly. If the user can not remove the hardware, then cover it with the painter's tape or newspaper.
- The other important tip is that continuously lubricate the channel and wheels of the sliding door so that they can glide smoothly without any issue. Also after removing the door, vacuum as well as clean the rails with the help of a cloth and a cleaning solution. Then after that lubricate it with a hinge lubricant. If needed then adjust the wheels.