The laminate furniture can be updated using a number of ways to make it completely new and awesome in look. The table top usually receives lots of wear and tear that calls for updating it. All is needed that the top must be updated in such a way that it should bear all the spills and stains. Redo of the table done must also increase its endurance. The various methods to redo the table top is either paint or stain it.
Steps To Stain A Laminate Table Top
The easy steps to stain a laminate tabletop are mentioned below:
- Cleaning Solution: Fill a bucket with warm water and add a little amount of the liquid dish soap into it to prepare the solution.
- Wipe Off: Use a soft rag to wipe off the tabletop in order to remove all the soapy residue and dirt leftover. The dry rags must be used to dry the surface.
- Sanding: The smooth sanding of the laminate tabletop is recommended to make stain work better. Avoid over sanding as it will result in damaging laminate covering.
- Tack Cloth: Clean the top using a tack cloth to remove sanding left over.
- Polyurethane Stain: The polyurethane stain needs to be stir first for approximately 10 minutes before applying to the laminate surface.
- Application: Apply the stain using a paintbrush in thick and even coats. The smooth coats of the finish are recommended to get the job done.
- Second Coat: The second coat of finish is required to apply on the first one carefully to create the perfect blend. Note that the second coat must be applied only after the first coat dries completely. Reading manufacturer’s instructions are mandatory. Three to four coats are recommended to get the job done perfectly.
Simple Way To Paint Laminate Bench Top
A simple way to paint the laminate bench top is mentioned below:
: Properly take the measurement of the benchtop area in order to get the exact amount of paint.
2.Mask And Clean
: Mask the sink and clean the entire area by applying trisodium phosphate.
: Follow by sanding the surface and clean the residue using a tack cloth.
4.Oil Based Primer
: The oil-based ivory primer needs to be applied over the bench top and let it dry for 24 hours.
5.Oil Based Paint
: Once the primer dries completely the oil-based ivory paint needs to be applied over the surface.
: Apply the accent paint over the top by pouring the little amount into the plastic paint with a sea sponge. Once dried apply the second coat to give extra luster.