The wicker furniture is made up of pliable plant materials like bamboo, rattan, reed, and willow. The lifespan of wicker furniture is nearly 10-15 years if cared properly. After a short period of time, the wicker furniture needs to repaint or refinish.
Methods And Steps To Paint Wicker Furniture
Here are the easy steps to paint wicker furniture. The user needs to follow the given steps to paint wicker furniture easily.
Readying Wicker For Painting
- Gather Supplies And Equipment: Here are items which are needed to paint wicker furniture, bucket, drop cloth, dust mask, liquid Deglosser, primer, mild soap, rubber gloves, sponge, spray paint, and vacuum.
- Choose And Prepare: Choose a well-ventilated area to paint wicker furniture or work outside. Lay a drop cloth beneath the wicker furniture. Wear rubber gloves on hands to avoid any harsh chemical.
- Vacuum Up Dust: Use vacuum cleaner to suck all loose debris and dust particles from the wicker furniture. Attach crevice tool on the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner to clean the narrow spots.
- Wipe: Take mild soap and water (warm) and mix it in bucket. Use the sponge to clean any dirt, ingrained dust from wicker furniture. Dry the wicker furniture for a few hours.
- Liquid Deglosser: The user needs to apply liquid Deglosser on wicker furniture to remove the finish form wicker furniture.
Applying The Paint
- Prime: The wicker furniture needs to apply 2 coats of primer before painting it. Use thin layers on the surface of wicker furniture. For an additional finish, use primer spray on wicker furniture.
- Touch Up Drips And Runs: Use a paintbrush or clean sponge to smooth any runs, drips, or unevenness so the primer coat is smooth on all over the surface. Allow the primer to dry completely before applying another coat of primer on wicker furniture.
- Spray Paint: The paint sprayer is option for wicker furniture. Simply, spray the paint on the wicker furniture, start spraying from top to bottom. Then allow the furniture to dry completely before using it again.