Proper Way For Painting The Bifold Doors
The Bifold doors are the best choice for closets and pantries, but with the span of time, they can start to show some signs of wear and tear. There are a number of different ways to make the bi-fold doors look as good as new, one of the best ways is to simply give a lick of paint. Painting the bifold doors is not actually very difficult, and as long as the user has the right tools and know-how to do it. The best and the easy step by step way for painting the bifold doors are as follows:
- Preparation: Before the user can start the painting job they first need to gather all of the materials and tools that will be needed to complete the job. It's also very important to protect the flooring and anything else in the room. The user also needs to take care of carpet if there is any, the paint should not drip on the carpet then it will be very difficult to remove. Layout the tarpaulin across the floor and make sure that it should cover every part of the room. Use the masking tape to secure the dust sheets on all the surfaces in the room.
- Removing Doors: The next step is to remove the doors. Although it is possible to paint the doors in position, it is much easier to paint if the doors are removed from their tracks. Use the screwdriver to detach the doors from the tracks and then place them down flat onto the area which is covered by the tarp. Use the screwdriver again to remove any handles as well as knobs on the front of the doors. If there are any labels or stickers on the doors the user should remove them. Painting over these things may look good for a second but after a few weeks, it will start to look shabby.
- Dusting: Use the soap and water for cleaning the doors as this will help to make sure that there is no grease or any dirt remaining on the surface of the bifold doors. If in case there is any dust or grease on the doors then this will badly affect the paint finish.
- Apply Paint: Take the door up in an available doorway but the user needs to make sure that it's fully secure. If the user is doing this on a carpet then the user will find this easier and this is because the door will press into the carpet. If working on a wooden floor then the user will find this little more difficult. To keep the door in place use some rags under the edge of the door. Open latex enamel paint and stir it thoroughly with the help of a paint stick. Take the time in painting the doors with the brush and it's advisable to focus on painting one section at a time. This will help to minimize the chances of ruins and will make the paint finish look more professional. To get the desired finish the user might need to repeat with several coats of paint.
- Finishing Touches: Wait for the paint to completely dry and then reattach all the fixtures to the doors. Simply use the screwdriver and be careful in not damaging the paintwork. At last, secure the doors back into the tracks but make sure they open and close smoothly.