Best Way To Paint A Leather Couch
In order to paint A Leather Couch/Sofa, the user needs to follow certain steps which are mentioned below:
- Prepare: The first step is to prepare the leather couch for the paint. Tape off the area that should not be painted such as wooden legs. Simply use the painter's tape to cover the areas.
- Apply: The next step is to apply the thin coat of the paint. Apply the paint that is designed for the leather only. The thin layer will help the paint to prevent the cracking. Don't apply a large amount of the paint at the same time.
- Another Layer: The user needs to be patient as it will take the number of coats to cover the leather couch, but before applying another coat let the first coat dry completely, the paint should be dry with visible shining marks.
- Alternate Directions: It is a method of alternating the direction while painting with the brush, as
the first coat should be in one direction and second in another direction, this will help to make the smoother and stronger surface.
- Dry: Once the paint job is completed then let the couch to cure for at least 2 days.
- Sanding: The next step is to go for sanding if needed. In case the top of the layer feels rough after it has dried then sand lightly, then collect the sanding dust with the help of the vacuum cleaner.
- Finish: At last apply a finish coat, almost all the leather paints require a finish coat. The user can apply the finish like high gloss, semi-gloss, or matte.