Maytag washer or dryer is considered as one of the best when it comes to washing your clothes, as they are long-lasting & strong, which are very helpful in washing the clothes rigorously. The life span of Maytag dryers is nearly 8 to 12 years, however, if you clean the lint trap of the dryer at a regular interval, then its life span can be extended. To keep this type of dryer up to date, you need to clean its hoses, heating element, as well as dryer ducts at least on a yearly basis. There are usually two main types of dryers: Maytag & Whirlpool, but the majority of the people usually use Maytag, due to the reason that it provides fresh hold & it lasts for a longer duration of time. Otherwise, both types of washers clean the clothes effectively.
Step By Step Process Of Opening A Maytag Dryer
Now, if you have a Maytag dryer at your home and you want to open its cabinet but don't know the procedure, then there is no need to worry because you are at the right place. Go through the below-mentioned steps carefully in order to open the cabinet of the Maytag dryer successfully:
- First of all, you need to make sure to switch off the power source to your dryer before you start the process of opening its cabinet. There are many ways to turn off the power supply, either take off the unit from the wall outlet, detach the appropriate fuse from the fuse box, or turn off the appropriate breaker in your home's circuit breaker panel.
- There are mainly two different types of cabinets used in Maytag dryers: older and newer style cabinets. The older style cabinets are reasonably uncomplicated & easy to understand.
- Two screws are situated at the base of the older cabinet's front, one in every single corner. After that, eliminate both screws and then elevate the panel until the clips at the top of the panel loosen. Break the connection of the door switch and any other wiring, & make sure to take note of which wires are to be reconnected where.
- Now, as the front panel is removed, you will notice that there are two screws inside the cabinet, underneath the cabinet top, in each corner. Get rid of each screw and upraise the cabinet top.
- Getting rid of the newer style cabinets for Maytag dryer machines, the ones having the wrap-around doors can be a little difficult.
- Open the dryer door before getting rid of each of the four screws that you find on the inside. There are clips taking hold of the front panel to the dryer unit. In order to remove these clips and loosen the front panel, the top corners of the front panel each have to be "swing around" outwards. With the clips removed, turn over the front panel forward and upraise it up to get rid of it.
- Finally, you can now get rid of the dryer's door and cabinet top. Upraise the door off its hinges and move it out of its slots. To get rid of the cabinet top, slide it forward and upraise it up.