6 Easy Steps To Lighten The Dark Stained Wood Cabinets
The dark wood cabinets can be lightened with the help of certain techniques such as sanding the dark wooden floor properly can be the one way to lighten it. Similarly, there are other ways as well to get this job done. The user needs to follow the below given steps to Lighten The Dark Stained Wood Cabinets:
- Doors And Drawers: Prior to starting the lighting work make sure to remove doors and drawers from the cabinets.
- Chemical Stripper: Once done, apply the coat of the chemical stripper on doors and drawers with the help of the paintbrush and let it sit over the cabinets for the recommended time as per the instructions labeled.
- Scrap: Once the time has completed scrap down the old finish using the sharp-edged stick.
- Lay Down The Drop Cloth: Lay the drop cloth beneath the cabinets and apply the chemical stripper inside the cabinets and wait for the recommended time period as per the manufacturer guidelines.
- Re-scrape: Start re-scraping the gelled finish again and allow the cabinet to dry completely. Now it may take hours to dry completely.
- Sanding: Go ahead with sanding doors and drawers using 100-grit sandpaper. Ensure to sand as per the directions of the grain.
- Stain: Wet the clean cloth into the stain and apply it over the doors and cabinets. Apply it twice or thrice and rub it immediately.
- Lacquer: Let the stain dry completely to apply the lacquer over the cabinets to make them look lighter and beautiful.