How To Lay A Floating Floor: Steps To Install
Steps to Install a Floating FloorHere are some of the steps by which the customers can easily install the Floating Floor:
Step 1: Prepare the Floor1. Calculate The Exact Measurements Of The Room: The customers need to start by measuring the distance from one end to another end of the wall by using the measuring tape. They also need to calculate the distances between the opposite walls of the room.
2. Fill Up The Holes: The customers then need to check if there are any holes on the subfloor and if they find out any spots then they need to use the patching compound in order to fill up all the holes accordingly.
3. Use The Sandpaper: The customers then need to use the sandpaper in order to sand down all the raised spots on the subfloor. The customers then need to remove all the dust and the debris particles from the subfloor by using the vacuum.
Step 2: Install the Floating Floor1. Place The Planks: The customers need to place the floating planks in the room where they are going to get installed for near about 4 days so that the new Floating Floor planks will get adjusted according to the humidity of the room.
2. Place The Foam: The customers then need to place the foam on the top of the subfloor and then trim the excess foam by using the utility knife. The customers then need to seal the foam to the subfloor by using the duct tape.
3. Place The Spacer: The customers need to place the 5/16 inch spacer to the opposite side of the longest wall and next to other walls of the room as well. The customers then need to lay flooring opposite to the wall spacers. They then need to place other flooring planks from end to end pattern.
4. Place The Planks In Other Rows: The customers then need to start placing the flooring planks to the second row by placing all the Flooring pieces altogether. The customers then need to place the flooring planks to the rest of the area of the room by using the same procedure. The customers need to use the circular saw to trim the last flooring plank of the row in order to fit that plank perfectly to the floor. The customers finally need to detach all the spacers from the walls and then affix the shoe molding to the walls respectively.