Step By Step Procedure & Items Required For Hanging Swing Arm Curtain Rods
If in case the users want to pull their curtains and the curtain rod far away from the window and not only drift the fabric of the curtain to any side, then in this situation, the swing arm rods can be the best solution. Usually, these rods are installed at the window sides and thus allows the user to swing their curtains far away from the surface of the window as required. The adaptable swing rods can extend from the twenty to thirty-six inches and these rods are ideal to get installed on the french doors as well. The users can easily hang swing arm curtain rods at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then following the below-defined step by step procedure:
- Tape Measure, Wall Anchors, Stud Finder
- Screwdriver & Screws
- Drill And Drill Bits
Step By Step Procedure
- Measure The Width: Start by calculating the window width and then the users need to rotate the adjustment of the setscrew on the rod in the counterclockwise direction in order to unfasten it. Then lift the rod as per the measured width and then rotate the setscrew again in the counterclockwise direction so as to fasten it.
- Find The Spot: Now the users need to find out the spot where they want to place their rod. Either the users can install the swing arm rod on the wooden frame of the window or on the surface of the wall near to the top corner of the opening of the window. If in case the users affix the rod on the surface of the wall then they are advised to find out the studs and then mark it out on the frame of the window by using the stud finder accordingly.
- Hold The Rod: Then hold the rod in the place on the topmost edge of the opening of the window. After that, hold the level on the rod top so as to be assured that the rod is at the perfect level. The users also need to be assured that the length of the rod covers up the window and then mark down the rod affixing holes on the surface of the wall or on the window frame.
- Drill The Pilot Holes: Finally the users need to drill the pilot holes on the frame of the window or on the surface of the wall. Then they need to insert the anchors within the holes if in case the users are not able to find out the studs or if in case they are having the heavy curtains. Now they need to push down the anchors within the holes and then place the rod back to its position and then fasten the rod in its place by using the screws from the assembly kit. If in case the users require to have the anchors then they need to use the screws suitable for the wall anchors respectively.