Step By Step Process & Items Needed For Hanging Curtains With Eyelet Rings
When the curtain ring is on the curtain rod, it sits exactly perpendicular to your curtains rod. If you want to attach an eyelet ring to your curtain, you need to do it in a way so that its right side hangs parallel to the curtain rod. In order to accept drapery pins, your rings must have clips or screws attached, if clips or screws are not attached then you need to do something so that your rings will be attached to the curtains. You can visit your nearby hardware store to create an attachment for the eyelet rings. If you want to hang curtains with an eyelet ring then you just need to gather all the required items and go through the steps for this process. Here is the list of items and steps for this process:
Things Needed For This Process
- Curtain Rings & Tape Measure
- Fabric Marking Pencil
- 1/8-Inch Zip Ties
- Scissors & Thread
- Hand-Sewing Needle
Steps For This Process
- First of all, you need to mark all the top edges of the wrong side of your curtain panel about 6 inches apart spaced equally across with the top edge. These are the rings on the location marks.
- You need to buy one small zip tie, also famous as a cable tie, for each ring location mark, you need to plus 1 for each outside edge. You need to purchase the narrowest zip tie you can find.
- Through the inside of a ring, you need to insert the sharp end of a tie-up. Pull the tie-up to within 1/4 inch of the bottom of your ring, which in turn creates a zip-tie ring that is attached to your curtain ring.
- You need to lay your curtain flat, the wrong side of your top edge away from you. Now, on a ring location mark, lay one ring. Past the edge of the curtain, partly coincide with the zip tie ring. For example, for 1/4 inch diameter, you need to overlap the ring by 1/4 inch. The top edge of your curtain will conceal your zip ring when your curtain is hung properly.
- Simply, thread a needle with the help of regular thread & then draw up a double thread of at least 36 inches before Knotting the ends.
- You need to insert the sewing needle from the wrong side to the right, through with the zip ring & close to the inside edge of your ring. Work on the bottom half of your zip ring only. You need to pass the needle back to the wrong side departing on the outside edge of your ring at the fasten origin point.
- Next pass the needle back to the right side of your curtain, instantly beside the previous stitch & pass it back to the wrong side, now you have to snug up till the last stitch. Continue your stitching process until the bottom half of your zip ring is covered in the stitches. Repeat this step with the remaining zip rings.
- You finally need to thread your curtain rod through with the rings to complete your project.