Step By Step Process & Items Required To Hang Curtains From The Ceiling Without Driling
If you are the one who loves to decorate their room by using curtains and you also don't want to drill your wall for hanging your curtains then here we are for you, you just need to gather all the required items and follow certain steps to perform this task. Here is the list of required items and steps for this process:
Things You Will Need
- Measuring Tape & Pencil
- Ladder Or Stepstool
- All-Purpose Surface Cleaner
- Cloth Or Paper Towels
- Adhesive Heavy-Duty Ceiling Hooks
- Curtain Rod
- Curtains Or Fabric
- Putty Knife(Optional)
Steps For This Process
Once you've collected all the required items, now you need to follow this step by step guide:
- First of all, you will need to take two measurements to determine what length curtains & curtain rods to use. Now, measure the height of your room from the floor to ceiling & also add 1-2 inches, this will be the length of your curtains or fabric (this extra length is to ensure that your curtains are long enough to drape against your floor).
- Next, measure the length of your bed & also add two inches because this will be the length of your curtain rods (this extra two-inch is to allowing your curtains a bit of space to drape against your bed).
- Now, stand on a ladder or stool carefully, of course, and use a pencil to mark the 4 corners of your bed on the ceiling & then you need to use a tape measure & pencil to mark the midpoint betwixt the head & foot of your bed on each side. These marks are where you will install your ceiling hooks — 3 along each side of your bed.
- Then you need to use a lint-free cloth or paper towel & all-purpose cleaner to lightly clean & wipe away any dust around the installation marks which you've made. Allow your area to dry exhaustively. This will help the applied adhesive on the hooks stick more securely to your ceiling.
- Now, remove the applied adhesive backing on each ceiling hook by following the manufacturer's guidance & press each one firmly onto the installation marks you made on your ceiling. Just be sure to position them so that the hooks are all facing away from the center of your bed.
- Next you need to place each rod into the hooks along the sides of the bed, stand back & make sure that they are positioned correctly above your bed. Make any adjustments if indispensable and then remove your rods.
- Finally, slide or clip your curtains or fabric onto your curtain rods & place your rods back into the hooks. Now you have an elegant 4-poster look without having to purchase a brand new bed. Experiment with the style that you prefer by pulling your drapes closed, tying them at the corners, or letting them fall loosely around the corners of your bed.
The curtains with a rod pocket sewn along with the top will work beautifully for a seamless canopy look. Nevertheless, you could also use your curtains with grommets or even ordinary fabric paired with the curtain clip rings. Also, when you are choosing a curtain rod then you need to make sure that it will fit inside your ceiling hooks.