Best Alternative To Secure A Curtain Rod Without The Brackets
There are a number of ways to hang a curtain rod without brackets. The easiest and the best ways to hang a curtain rod without brackets are to use command hooks & Kwik-Hang curtain-rod brackets. The steps for their installation is mentioned below:
Way 1: Command Hooks
- Get The Cardboard: Take a cardboard and cut a right angle out of it and then line it up with the window frame at the corner. Line it up with the trim, but it is the same process if the window has no trim around it.
- Mark Command Hook Placement: Take the Command hook and hold it up to the cardboard then decide where to place the curtain rod. Once decided, then make a mark on the piece of cardboard at the bottom of the command hook with the pencil.
- Mark On Wall & Repeat: Next, use the pencil to puncture in the cardboard right on the marked spot. After that go all the way through and mark the wall for the first hook. Then, take the cardboard around, to the other side of the window, and mark another spot as well.
- Apply The Command Hooks: Take one of the Command hooks, and remove the paper backing right on the adhesive strips, line up the hook on the wall with the help of pencil mark for guidance. Firmly press it on the surface properly, hold it for at least 30 seconds, then leave it for at least a half-hour. Repeat the same process for the other side as well. It is advisable don't be in a rush leave the hooks on for longer time to be on safe side.
- Test Out The Rod: After the command hooks are properly secured to the wall, then it's time to add the rod to make sure that it is working well.
Way 2: Kwik-Hang Curtain Rod Brackets
The other option to hang a curtain rod without a bracket is to use Kwik-Hang Curtain Rod Brackets. Even though they are called brackets, but the fact is that they do not require any drilling holes into the wall or mounting the brackets using the screws.
- Position The Kwik-Hang Brackets: The kwik-Hang brackets for curtain rod will not require any measuring. Instead, the user can simply position it at the top corners of the window exactly where the user wants to install curtains rod.
- Tap The Brackets: After positioning the Kwik-Hang brackets at the right place at the top corners of the window frame, then take a rubber mallet to tap down the brackets. It has the little clawed edges that look like small nails that must fit in between the wall and the wood of the window. The wood of the window frame will get holes in it.
- Hang The Curtain: After the brackets are placed above the window frame, then place the curtain rod over them.