Step By Step Procedure & Items Required To Fix Ripped Couch Cushions That Are Attached
Even the minute hole on the upholstery of the cushions can easily turn into the large hole if the users do not mend it quickly. It can be even more difficult to mend the cushions that are affixed as the users are not able to detach the cover of the cushions entirely in order to attain the repairing process. The users need to use the needle that is specifically crafted for the upholstery that allows the user to stitch up the rip if in case the cushions are affixed with the couch. The users can easily fix the ripped couch cushions that are attached at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then follow the below-defined step by step procedure:
- Scissors, Upholstery Thread
- Fray Stop Adhesive
- Upholstery Needle
Step By Step Procedure
- Trim The Shred Fabric: Start by cutting the shred fabric at the end of the damaged portion. If in case the users find out that the tear has appeared on the connection in between the couch and the cushion, then place the throw pillow or any other item below it so as to make it rise and the users can easily see at the cushion back where they are going to work.
- Expand The Adhesive: Then the users need to expand the adhesive bead on each ripped corner and then let the adhesive to get dried off completely before the user's process towards another step.
- Fold Up The Corners: After the above steps are done, fold up the ripped corners and then create the crease by using the fingertip so as to hold up the fold in the one place. The users are advised to make a deep fold so that it can easily hide the shred.
- Thread The Needle: The users then require to thread the twisted needle with the thread and then make the durable knot at the thread end. Then they need to pinch down the ripped area together with the hand and then sew down the ripped area close to one another. The users are advised to make the minute stitches on to the folded tear corner. Then they need to start the stitch one by four inches even before the tear begins.
- Stitch The Torn End: Finally the users also require to stitch the torn end and if in case the pucker is formed then they need to keep on pinching down the fabric but they need to minimize the pinched amount until they find that the pucker gets smoothened. Then they need to clip and then knot down the unneeded thread.